Thursday, May 30, 2019

DAY 23

Today is Thursday, it's a normal school day. When I get home, and I went out to play a little bit and come back to eat dinner. My dinner for tonight is from my uncle’s restaurant, it’s an America Chinese food. America Chinese food means the chef make the flavor of Chinese food more Americans like, it’s not real Chinese food.

It's sesame chicken, it's not a real Chinese food because the flavor is made for American. There are so many Chinese foods that taste like sesame chicken because they taste sweet and sour and a little bit spicy. The people from FuZhou like sour and sweet, they have more dishes that taste sweet and sour, like sour soup, sweet and sour pork ribs… The food that was in the sweet and sour dishes, most of them are been fried. I think why they call that dish sesame chicken is because they put sesame in the chicken, but this time I didn't want sesame in there.

I have been to the kitchen of uncle's restaurant, I can't really see how they make sesame chicken, but I can think about it and imagine how they make it. The first thing is to use a pot of oil fried the chicken and took them out for later. Then make the sauce, I watched the video of how to make sweet and sour food when they make the sauce of sweet sour food, they always have vinegar and sugar and a little ketchup and some water, they put them in a pot and heat them, then stir them. Then they put the chicken that was already been fried in there, and stir them, and put the broccoli into a pot that has boil water in there, then use the water to cook the broccoli, then put the broccoli into the bowl. The last step is to put the chicken in the top of the broccoli, and put some sesame into the top of the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment