Saturday, March 30, 2019

SOMETHING I'M GRATEFUL FOR TODAY

Today is Saturday, 21 March 2019. This is my second year living in the United States. I am very grateful for my parents, they bring me to this world, they take care of me anytime. I am also grateful for my cousins, my uncle, and my aunts.

But I am grateful to my cousin today. In this afternoon, my aunt brought me to their restaurant, and I just go to the kitchen, then tell my old cousin, I want a beef lo mein. After a while, I finish my food and my cousin ask me "I'm going to deliver the meal, do you want to go with me?"(In Chinese) Then I said" Sure" My cousin has a car, he works in the kitchen, but sometimes the delivery staff was not working or the delivery staff is too busy, so he has to help the delivery staff. When I get to his car, he told me, when we get there what do I have to do. When we get there, I use my phone to call orderer, but he doesn't answer my call, and I see the orderer open his door, comes out. I walk to his front door, then I said" Hi! Sake Cafe delivery, can you put your signature on the receipt?" But the only thing I look for is the tip, he wrote twenty-three dollars and something, then I bring the receipt to my cousin, but he gives the receipt to me, and he said" You can bring that receipt to your aunt, and she will give you the tip in cash" and my aunt gave me twenty-four dollars.

My cousin just helps me finish my first work in my life. But he just gives me the tips that he got, that was very important for me because that was my first time going to do a delivery. I can tell delivery is not very easy to do, I can see all the steps of delivery, like get the order, and cook it, and carefully packaged, and drive to the address of the person who ordered,  finally give the food to the person. After this time, I feel the people who are doing delivery is very hard, we should not complain that the delivery is very slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment