Thursday, May 9, 2019

DAY 2

Today is a normal school day, I wake up at 7:15 AM and take 10 minutes to fold quilt and brush my teeth and wash my face, then I take a walk from my room to the dining room. My breakfast is kind of like rice. In Chinese XiFan is two words, Xi means dilute, and fan means rice, so in FuZhou, Xi Fan uses a lot of water In cook rice. In FuZhou, Zhou means XiFan cooked with glutinous rice. In other cities Zhou means XiFan.

If you are from FuZhou, and lived in there a long time, you will have a lot of choice for breakfast in your dream, XiFan is just one of them. But a lot of people choose XiFan for their breakfast in FuZhou, and some people Just eat rice at breakfast, so we think it's weird because rice is dry and a little bit hard. When people eat XiFan, they always get something to eat with XiFan because XiFan and rice both need something to make up the taste. But when my Mom or somebody cooks for me, I always choose rice, not XiFan, I don't even know why I will choose rice. You can also eat XiFan in every meal.

In China, I can choose HaWon(HaWon is FuZhou localism, Its shape looks like a donut, but HaWon is fried with rice syrup and some ingredients) with my breakfast. HaWon is a popular food with XiFan in FuZhou, people also eat HaWon with other food. HaWon is cheap in the market that near to my house in China, a HaWon only costs 50 cents of Chinese Yuan in China, but I don't know the current If I get a HaWon I can use it to finish a big bowl of XiFan. But I can't found HaWon in the United States, so when I eat XiFan, I will just choose any food to Eat with XiFan

No comments:

Post a Comment