Wednesday, November 14, 2018

My Favorite Food:Ban Mian - 拌面(Mix Noodles)

BanMian is a food that is stirred with noodles and other spices. There are many different BanMians from different places in China. The BanMian I like the most is from my hometown of Fuzhou, China, so BanMian is called FuZhouBanMian (Fuzhou noodles). But there is a restaurant chain in my hometown of Fuzhou called Shaxian snacks. Shaxian is a city in Fujian. One of the dishes is: BanMian, many people call it ShaXianBanMian, but I don't really like ShaXianBanMian, because ShaXianBanMian Riga is sesame sauce (sauce made with sesame seeds, like peanut butter), but Fuzhou BanMian Riga is peanut butter. Peanut butter is very common in the United States because many Americans will like peanut butter, although ShaXianBanMian and Fuzhou BanMian are not the same as the sauce, the other seasonings are the same. I started eating Fuzhou BanMian from a very young age, so I I think the taste of these two BanMian is very different. Everyone in Fuzhou must eat Fuzhou BanMian, and every family member knows how to cook FuZhouBanMian. When my mother is in China, she often cooks BanMian for me. When I was sick, my mother would cook BanMian for me, or she would cook BanMian for me in the morning when I was in school. But when I was nine years old, I learned to cook, so from the age of nine, I often cooked food at home or my family. I often cook BanMian for my breakfast in the morning.

To make Fuzhou BanMian, you first need to get noodles, but I won't make noodles in BanMian. There will be many people who won't make it so we will go to the supermarket to buy the noodles. in BanMian. Some shops make the noodles in the US. Any Asian supermarket or Chinese supermarket can buy uncooked BanMian. When I am in China, my mother will buy a lot of uncooked BanMian and put it in the refrigerator. Then you need to get seasonings and sauces. The seasonings are: soy sauce, chicken, sesame oil (scented oil), hot water, solidified lard, and sugar. Maybe you can add a little chili sauce. The sauce is only peanut butter. Finally, onions are needed (all of the above ingredients are available in Asian cities and Chinese supermarkets in the US). The first step in making Fuzhou BanMian is to add cold water to the pot and then add the noodles when the water is boiling. Step 2: When waiting for boiling water, we can make BanMian sauce. The first step in making BanMian's sauce is to add peanut butter, solidified lard, soy sauce, sesame oil, chicken, sugar, chili sauce, hot water, stir all the seasonings and add the onions (cut onions). The third step is to boil the noodles in boiling water. The last step: put the cooked noodles in the mixed sauce and mix well. FuZhouBanMian will use chopsticks to pull the noodles up while stirring, and then repeat it many times. When you are done, you can start eating. When people in Fuzhou eat BanMian, they will be served with a bowl of soup. This bowl of soup can be made with seasoning and water, or it can be RouYan.

Fuzhou BanMian is a dish from Fuzhou, China, but you can eat BanMian from all over the world. You don't have to eat BanMian in Fuzhou. If you want to eat Fuzhou BanMian, you have to go to Chinatown in New York because there will be many restaurants in Chinatown, New York. Chinese from Fuzhou and Guangdong, China, there will be many Chinese restaurants, where you need to find a restaurant opened in Fuzhou to eat Fuzhou BanMian, such as East Broadway in Chinatown, New York. There are many Fuzhou people here. All ingredients for making BanMian in Fuzhou can be purchased at every Asian supermarket or Chinese supermarket in the US. If you want to cook Fuzhou BanMian at home, you can try cooking it. I think this is very popular in the US because many people who grew up in the US like peanut butter, and Fuzhou BanMian is made with peanut butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment